LIINES new single & March Tour
Manchester alternative post-punk trio LIINES return with details of a new single, Blackout, and March tour dates.
LIINES, who started the year being tipped as one of John Kennedy’s X-Posure ‘Ones To Watch 2016’ are three-piece Zoe McVeigh (vocals, guitar), Steph Angel (bass) and Leila O’Sullivan (drums); described by Louder Than War as “Powerful post-punk that brings in touches of grunge and new wave the three-piece blend the best of the rest for a fresh sound of their own…It is a sound that, without a doubt, you need to hear”.
Blackout is out now – available to download/stream via:
iTunes ● Apple Music ● Spotify ● Amazon ● Google Play
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/247845238″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
● Featured on Radio X by John Kennedy and BBC 6 Music by Tom Robinson.
● Louder Than War: “Jamming riffs, hissing percussion and raw vocal that come together as a deep, dark track and low-fi aesthetic.”
● Even the Stars: “A fireball of energy set to a pulsating drumbeat and a spindly dancing bassline.”
The release coincides with a four-date UK tour, in collaboration with Scruff of the Neck, in March. Advanced tickets are £6 via weareliines.com/gigs:
- Mar 03 | Belgrave Music Hall & Canteen, Leeds
- Mar 11 | Soup Kitchen, Manchester
- Mar 18 | Plug, Sheffield
- Mar 31 | The Black Heart, London
The release and mini-tour follows the release of LIINES’ debut single Never There, which was John Kennedy’s X-Posure ‘Big One’ (Single of the Week) on Radio X and featured on BBC Introducing Manchester, and a sell-out show at the Night and Day Cafe, Manchester.
With comparisons ranging from Joy Division to Sleater Kinney, LIINES’ reviews continue to tip the three-piece as one of Manchester’s most exciting and powerful live acts:
- The Quietus: “LIINES were magnificent, on mighty form, blasting through 40 minutes of tight-as-you-like snarly pop coated in a holy racket of guitar noise.”
- Louder Than War: “Sometimes you catch a band that gives you a thrill about watching live music again, a band so vibrant, so full of life that they hit you within seconds and leave you reeling…and keep you coming back for more.”
- Even the Stars: “LIINES don’t sound like anyone else in Manchester or indeed the UK at the moment…There’s something very special going on here.”
Blackout is released on March 11th, available to stream now via www.weareliines.com/music. LIINES four date mini-tour runs from March 3rd-31st. Advanced tickets are £6 via www.weareliines.com/gigs.