LIINES new single & March Tour
Manchester alternative post-punk trio LIINES return with details of a new single, Blackout, and March tour dates.
LIINES, who started the year being tipped as one of John Kennedy’s X-Posure ‘Ones To Watch 2016’ are three-piece Zoe McVeigh (vocals, guitar), Steph Angel (bass) and Leila O’Sullivan (drums); described by Louder Than War as “Powerful post-punk that brings in touches of grunge and new wave the three-piece blend the best of the rest for a fresh sound of their own…It is a sound that, without a doubt, you need to hear”.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/247845238″ params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
● Featured on Radio X by John Kennedy and BBC 6 Music by Tom Robinson.
● Louder Than War: “Jamming riffs, hissing percussion and raw vocal that come together as a deep, dark track and low-fi aesthetic.”
● Even the Stars: “A fireball of energy set to a pulsating drumbeat and a spindly dancing bassline.”
The release coincides with a four-date UK tour, in collaboration with Scruff of the Neck, in March. Advanced tickets are £6 via weareliines.com/gigs:
- Mar 03 | Belgrave Music Hall & Canteen, Leeds
- Mar 11 | Soup Kitchen, Manchester
- Mar 18 | Plug, Sheffield
- Mar 31 | The Black Heart, London
The release and mini-tour follows the release of LIINES’ debut single Never There, which was John Kennedy’s X-Posure ‘Big One’ (Single of the Week) on Radio X and featured on BBC Introducing Manchester, and a sell-out show at the Night and Day Cafe, Manchester.
With comparisons ranging from Joy Division to Sleater Kinney, LIINES’ reviews continue to tip the three-piece as one of Manchester’s most exciting and powerful live acts:
- The Quietus: “LIINES were magnificent, on mighty form, blasting through 40 minutes of tight-as-you-like snarly pop coated in a holy racket of guitar noise.”
- Louder Than War: “Sometimes you catch a band that gives you a thrill about watching live music again, a band so vibrant, so full of life that they hit you within seconds and leave you reeling…and keep you coming back for more.”
- Even the Stars: “LIINES don’t sound like anyone else in Manchester or indeed the UK at the moment…There’s something very special going on here.”
- Contact via firstname.lastname@example.org or 07736 282699
- Soundcloud link for Blackout.
- Blackout was produced and engineered by Alan Lowles at Airtight Recording Studios, Manchester, and mastered by Danny Saul.
- Images/Logo (via Dropbox) – http://bit.ly/1QfS5M2. Please include Image credits (included in image file names).
- MP3/wav file– please contact us at email@example.com